ARDEX E 90 is a special synthetic dispersion for use in conjunction with ARDEX cement-based adhesives, such as ARDEX S 16, ARDEX STS 8. The addition of ARDEX E 90 admix produces a mortar that is elastic, has high adhesion and water repellent properties. ARDEX E 90 mixed with cement-based adhesives extends the use of the adhesive to situations where movement is anticipated e.g. external tiling, over fibre cement sheets/plasterboard, when tiling over heated subfloors. The ARDEX E 90 mortar can be used in both internal and external tiling applications.
When to Use
The improved mortar is especially effective in the following situations:
- For fixing of ceramic tiles onto fibre cement sheet, compressed fibre cement sheet and plasterboard.
- For fixing over existing tiles in areas that will not be in contact with water, tiles can be directly fixed without mechanical grinding the glaze. In all other situations the tiles must be mechanically roughened to remove 80% of the glaze.
- When tiling with ARDEX STS8 externally, to accommodate movement and help inhibit the formation of lime bloom and efflorescence.
- For tiling over heated concrete.
- For improved protection of moisture sensitive substrates e.g. when fixing tiles in bathrooms, showers and kitchens. N.B. This treatment cannot be used to replace a conventional waterproofing membrane.
- For fixing tiles in swimming pools.
With ARDEX S 16: 3 litres ARDEX E 90 diluted with 3 litres of water.
With ARDEX STS 8: 3.6 litres of ARDEX E 90 diluted with up to 5 litres of water.
3.6kg, 20kg pail